Retail Account Manager (w/m/d) - Vollzeit, unbefristet, HamburgWarner Bros. Consumer Products - November 2021
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives. Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), a WarnerMedia Company, extends the Studio’s powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by franchises and properties such as DC, Wizarding World, Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera, HBO, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim.
The division’s successful global themed entertainment business includes groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi.
With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, promotional partnerships and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
The Retail Account Manager is a sales & business development role, that includes developing, selling, and executing retail activation programmes with retailers (retail buyers, retail marketers, licensing coordinators), with the aim of ensuring Warner Bros. licensees increase presence and sell through for Warner Bros. properties in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Management of existing retail contact base, at all levels of seniority of defined retailer accounts.
- Negotiate with those retailers to acquire and improve visibility in physical and digital stores and on their different promotional tools (catalogues, owned magazines, social media...).
- Plan and implement retail road-shows to support 365 and event-driven franchises and properties.
- Set up Joint Business Plans with dedicated accounts, with a view of extending the reach of the plan to other WB divisions.
Cross-divisional and licensee coordination:
- Work with internal stakeholders and external partners to provide activation solutions to increase presence in-store, on and off fixture, for WBCP 365 and event-driven business.
- Work with key licensing partners to rally their support and funding on retail activations.
- Manage the trade marketing budget for dedicated retail accounts with the aim of maximizing its efficiency.
- Close collaboration with category teams to shape product offering by channel.
- Conduct activation post mortems in order to measure efficiency and profitability of the actions implemented. Recommend subsequent strategies & action plan for each client.
- Demonstrable experience in Key Account Management / National Accounts Sales Management.
- Excellent knowledge of the marketing mix and media, trade marketing and sales promotions experiences.
- Knowledge of the local and European retail markets with a clear understanding of how entertainment characters works at retail.
- Strong understanding of the retail environment in Germany, Austria and Switzerland with a solid network attached to it.
- Strong planning ability to organize and analyze data and information when developing actionable recommendations.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, the ability to sell ideas and concepts to businesses e.g. retailers and licensees.
- Working experience within an international working environment.
- Fluent in English and German.
The nice to haves
- Experience in FMCG, Drugstore, Retail, Toy and / or Fashion Industry.
- Experience in the licensing industry.
Severely disabled employees are welcome in our company and will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified. Flexible Working hours are offered to assist.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.