WildBrain CPLG is looking for a Product Development Manager
Hybrid work: Employees work in a hybrid model balancing collaboration in our office and remote work.
Find a job that let’s your imagination run wild!
WildBrain CPLG is a world-leading entertainment, sport and brand licensing agency with 20 offices worldwide. Since 1972 we have been providing our partners with dedicated licensing and marketing professionals and fully integrated retail, creative & product development, legal and accounting services.
We are looking to add to our talented team of innovators that can help us manage some of the most profitable and enduring brands in the world! We believe that our partnerships are about clarity, openness, and trust, and we are widely known for our no-nonsense, straightforward approach. Come join us!
About the job/role
WildBrain CPLG is looking for a Product Development Manager to join our Creative Services, Product Development team in Munich! You will be responsible for ensuring the clients’ approval processes are strictly adhered to and creative execution on all product ranges are best in class. Liaising with the local commercial team and global Creative team and and Designers on cross-territory brands, the role requires strong experience, creativity, attention to detail and drive.
- Responsible for managing the end-to-end, approvals process, and delivering innovative brand-appropriate products to market.
- Ensure all product submissions are managed in accordance with the submission process for the relevant brand.
- Manage the creative output of partners including the appropriate sign off, across WB Brands.
- Onboard and run sessions with new/existing Licensees providing updates on processes.
- Spearhead innovation and encourage Licensees by utilising all tools delivered by the Creative Services team, i.e. trend reports.
- Drive Licensee brand engagement by conducting style guide refreshers and offering your brand expertise.
- Deliver weekly updates to the local commercial team including reports noting Licensee developments, status and asset updates.
- Manage and review quarterly Licensee reports highlighting designs in selection and those that have been selected / raised purchase orders.
- Establish, develop and nurture external relationships across our Licensor and Licensee Portfolio.
- Proactively manage Licensees range development ensuring to identify gaps in article development and/or standard of execution.
- Provide training and guidance on systems, such as Mediabox where required to do so.
- Identify style guide gaps and Licensee needs in line with the wider Creative Services team.
- Participate and engage in global team activities, such as comp shops, providing visibility to the group.
- Sound knowledge of the product development and approval processes and demonstrable experience in creatively driving range development
- A proactive, solution driven mindset to deliver against deadlines.
- A good understanding of consumer product categories and their production limitations
- Proficient with using on-line approval software including running reports
- Profidient with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft packages
- The ability to communicate a clear change in design/direction whilst managing all stakeholders.
- Wider knowledge of licensing and product/design trends and a natural interest in consumer product.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and remain calm under pressure
- High attention to detail
What We Offer
Working at WildBrain CPLG is more than a job — it’s the opportunity to join forces with extraordinary, insightful and imaginative people who will recognize your talents and encourage your professional growth and development in a work environment that promotes creativity and individuality. We offer competitive benefits and we invest in our people and their future. [Input any benefit details in here or you can list ‘Statutory Benefits’]
Diversity and Inclusion are in our DNA. As a global leader in kids and family entertainment, we strive to reflect and honour the diversity of our audiences around the world. We believe that creating diverse and inclusive content & brands begins with fostering a culture of belonging at WildBrain CPLG. To us, a culture of belonging is one where we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees, stakeholders, and external partners and strive to create an environment where every individual feels valued, respected, and brings their authentic self to work.
We demonstrate our commitment to this by striving to provide a supportive work environment and a corporate culture that welcomes and encourages equal opportunities for all employees. We recognize that people bring experience and talent that goes beyond the technical skills and requirements of a job. If you possess similar experience that is close to what we’ve listed here, we encourage you to please still consider applying. We strongly believe that diverse experience, transferable skills, and passion are key! WildBrain CPLG accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
About WildBrain – a parent company of WildBrain CPLG
At WildBrain we make great content for kids and families. With approximately 13,000 half-hours of filmed entertainment in our library – one of the world’s most extensive – we are home to such brands as Peanuts, Teletubbies, Strawberry Shortcake, Caillou, Inspector Gadget, Johnny Test and Degrassi. Our shows are seen in more than 150 countries on over 500 telecasters and streaming platforms. WildBrain’s portfolio spans all areas of the entertainment industry: WildBrain Studios, where we develop and produce hit animated and live actions series; WildBrain Television, which is composed of prominent kids’ television channels in Canada (Family Channel, Family CHRGD, Family Jr. and Télémagino); home to Peanuts Worldwide; brand management to some of the world’s most-loved kids brands; celebrated global licensing and distribution teams with WildBrain CPLG, and a leading children’s YouTube network in WildBrain Spark, one of the largest networks of kids’ channels on YouTube, with over 168 million subscribers.
WildBrain is headquartered in Canada with offices worldwide and trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: WILD). Visit wildbrain.com to learn more!